The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches with LAN Software Base are fixed-configuration Layers 2 Ethernet switches that support enhanced switching services, IP communications, and wireless networking for small and medium-sized businesses. These switches provide the performance, availability, and manageability that modern office environments demand, also because the intelligence to support leading-edge business applications and security services.
Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series with LAN Base Software can provide:
- Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to the desktop for superior application performance
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) to supply 15.4 W simultaneously on all PoE ports
- Advanced security capabilities, including sophisticated identity and access control services to protect your critical assets
- Quality of Service (QoS) intelligence to support delay-sensitive IP voice and video applications and optimize bandwidth on your network
- Redundancy and resiliency features to guard the supply of your critical applications in the least times
- Simple and scalable management with the choice of employing a command-line interface (CLI) or GUI-based Cisco Network Assistant with Cisco Smartports interface
- Scalability to continually adapt to new applications and services as your business evolves.
- Limited lifetime warranty and free Cisco IOS software updates
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S contains the features of the Catalyst 2960 and a variety of additional enhancements, such as:
- 10 Gigabit and Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility with Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus, providing business continuity and a rapid transition to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- 24 or 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet desktop connectivity
- Cisco FlexStack stacking module with 40 Gbps throughput, enabling easy operation with one configuration and simplified switch upgrade
- PoE + with up to 30W per port, allowing you to support the latest PoE + compatible devices.
- Power supply options, with fixed 740W or 370W power supplies for PoE + switches
- USB storage for file backup, distribution, and simplified operations
- Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty, including Next Business Day Replacement with 90-Day Service and Support.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches with LAN Software Base provide:
Exceptional performance: Today’s workers run multiple resource-intensive applications, placing greater demands on networks than ever before. In just a few minutes, for example, a single worker can join an online multimedia conference, send a 10MB spreadsheet to meeting participants, stream a marketing video for the team to evaluate, and view an application of sales to get the latest data in real-time. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series support speeds of up to 1000 Mbps on the desktop, providing the bandwidth you would like to satisfy rigorous application demands, alleviate bottlenecks, and increase application performance, which improves the productivity of your employees and increases the performance of the applications. your existing investments in infrastructure and applications.
Cisco FlexStack Stacking: The Cisco FlexStack stacking, available on Catalyst 2960-S switches, provides true stacking. With a hot-swappable module and Cisco IOS software, all switches during a stack act as one switch unit. Cisco FlexStack provides a unified data plane, unified configuration, and single IP address management for a gaggle of switches. the advantages of true stacking are a lower total cost of ownership through simplified administration and better availability. you’ll manage the whole stack as one unit and preserve the supply of your network. If any switch fails, the rest of the network continues to function. A stack module are often added to any Catalyst 2960-S switch with LAN Base software to quickly upgrade the switch and make it stackable. The switch added to the stack will be updated to the correct version of Cisco IOS software and transparently become a member of the stack.
Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE +): In addition to PoE 802.3af, Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches support PoE + (IEEE 802.3at standard), providing up to 30W of power per port. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches simplify the implementation of solutions such as wireless LANs, IP telephony systems, and IP video surveillance cameras. This capability eliminates the need for separate power supplies for Ethernet-powered devices, as well as the costs of installing additional cables and circuits. The switches also provide built-in, intelligent PoE management features that offer you greater visibility and control over your power usage and streamline interoperability between multi-vendor networks. Table 1 shows the facility supply combinations required for various PoE needs.
Cisco EnergyWise Technology: Cisco EnergyWise is an innovative architecture built into the Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches that enables power consumption to be measured across network infrastructure and network-connected devices. The network discovers Cisco EnergyWise manageable devices, monitors their power consumption, and takes action supported business rules to scale back power consumption. Cisco EnergyWise helps manage power consumption, resulting in optimized power delivery across the enterprise and lowering energy costs. Together, Cisco EnergyWise technology and Catalyst switches help reduce greenhouse emission emissions, optimize energy consumption, and increase energy cost savings.